Have a look at our services
The role of J A Gormley funeral directors is a broad service encompassing practical organisation, support and guidance to the family and liaison with a wide range of other organisations to meet the exact requirements of all our customers, and services using our vast experience providing compassion and care in the arrangements for the bereaved at a time of sadness and grief.
After discussing your requirements J A Gormley funeral directors will arrange the funeral you want, taking on the responsibility for organising every aspect of the event and delivering it to the highest professional standards.
This includes offering you our advice in all the options for the funeral and arranging everything in accordance with your wishes, and those of the deceased, within an agreed budget.
Before the funeral:
· transferring the deceased to the funeral home or assisting you if you wish the deceased to remain at home prior to the funeral;
· providing facilities for viewing of the deceased prior to the funeral;
· dealing with all necessary paperwork;
· placing death notices in local and/or national newspapers and online;
The funeral service:
· Ensuring your wishes and those of the deceased are reflected in the funeral arrangements.
· Provide for the care and transportation of the deceased and for appropriate.
· Preparation, preservation and presentation for viewing.
· Assist in the selection of a coffin from our showroom.
· Disbursements: Making all necessary payments on your behalf
· Arranging any musical requests or other special tributes.
· Arranging funeral vehicles for the funeral.
· Arranging Order of Service sheets at the funeral service.
· Ordering floral tributes and, accepting and caring for floral tributes delivered to their premises prior to the funeral.
· Offering a choice of coffins and caskets to suit a range of budgets and individual choice.
· Accepting donations, online or in person, for a nominated charity in lieu of flowers on your behalf.
After the funeral:
· helping you to arrange for ashes to be scattered or preserved in a memorial casket following a cremation;
· arranging memorial cards
· if appropriate, arranging for transfer of either the deceased or the cremated remains to another area of the country, or repatriation overseas;
Offering guidance and support:
J A Gormley Funeral Directors are also there to provide support and guidance in advance of a death.
For example, they can provide information on how to arrange a pre-paid funeral plan and discuss ideas and options you may have for your own funeral, helping you to record your wishes for the future.